The speed of digital transformation and the reduction of time-to-market life cycles for products and services raise the importance of Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing for organisations worldwide. How have they been adapting to meet the needs of today’s digital environment?
Keeping Pace with Digital Transformation
- The state of quality and trends on outsourcing, technologies, tools and methodologies
- Industry-specific analysis (Automotive, Consumer Products, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, High Tech, Financial Services, Public Sector and Telecom, Media and Entertainment)
- Region-specific analysis (Australia and New Zealand,Benelux,China,Eastern Europe,France,Germany,Middle East,North America,the Nordic Region and the United Kingdom)
Current Trends in Quality Assurance and Testing
- The impact of IT quality on the end-user experience is a driving force for today’s digital transformation initiatives.
- QA and Testing budgets have increased 9% year-on-year.
- Enterprises are widely embracing agile and Development and Operations (DevOps) methodology.
- Shorter program and application lifecycles are creating increased demand for testing hardware and infrastructure.
A Roadmap for the IT of Tomorrow
Key recommendations from this year’s report:
- Refocus QA and Testing on customer experience and business assurance.
- Transform the traditional Test Centre of Excellence (TCOE) using agile and DevOps practices.
- Make continuous and automated security testing a key strategy.
- Prioritise testing with predictive analytics and continuous feedback.
- Expand testing teams’ skills beyond manual and test automation.