A book authored by Sami Finne and Hanna Sivonen of Capgemini, explores the changes occurring in the retail industry and outlines the strategic options now open to companies.
The internationalisation and consolidation of retailing is turning the traditional retail industry on its head. International purchasing, fast and efficient operational models and new technologies constantly challenge retailers. Well-differentiated new players enter the market and real price competition becomes ever tighter. The Retail Value Chain, a new book authored by Sami Finne and Hanna Sivonen of Capgemini, explores the changes occurring in the retail industry and outlines the strategic options now open to companies. This comprehensive book also illustrates the key concepts surrounding Efficient Consumer Response (ECR) and provides several illustrative cases to demonstrate the results.
Covering both the theory and the practice, The Retail Value Chain supplies readers with answers to the following questions:
- What are the retail growth formats and why?
- How will manufacturer concept stores change the retail landscape?
- How will private labels change product development processes and the balance of power?
- How can retailers succeed in new service business areas?How do retailers share and use information in collaboration with manufacturers?
- How will new technologies change the retail value chain?