Understand how an application will behave before going live
Ensure a positive end-user experience
Consumers expect a seamless experience when using an application. So organisations need to test, measure and tune performance throughout the application lifecycle. Yet many do not.
Often there is an immature testing approach, or applications in production fail to meet critical performance requirements. This results in lost end-user productivity, reduced online transaction revenue and abandonment of some consumer services.
Remediation costs increase as time and resources are required to isolate, diagnose and resolve performance problems in production. Application Performance Engineering (APE) provides the solution.
Application performance testing pinpoints performance bottlenecks
With our partner Shunra, we work with you to implement APE solutions. This enables you to know in advance how your voice, video and business applications will perform across the WAN, WEB, mobile and cloud.
Our APE process helps you:
- Discover performance conditions in the target deployment environment
- Incorporate real-world network virtualisation
- Report performance results against targets
- Analyse performance bottlenecks
- Automate optimisation recommendations
With this insight, you can implement and validate measures for remediation and optimisation prior to roll-out or infrastructure changes – critical to ensuring a positive end-user experience.
A performance service that delivers accuracy
Our joint service combines unique IP - including the market-leading TMap® – and Shunra’s unique framework. Together, we can ensure:
- Simulation of real-world network conditions for more accurate results
- Server capacity and scalability testing to reduce hardware failure in production
- Best-practice approach for lower costs and shorter time to value
- Optimised performance for a more positive user experience, especially for mobile applications
- Mitigated risk for expensive activities like global application deployments or data centre relocations