Whether or not your business outsources your IT function, it is vital your infrastructure and application IT platforms are properly managed. Capgemini's Managed Services ensures your IT services are effective, efficient and aligned to your business objectives.
Not just frameworks but active service management
Just deploying global frameworks, tools and processes does not result in automatic adherence to industry best practices. Capgemini's Service Management ensures not just that these things are successfully deployed but also that they are actively utilised and managed.
Engaging Capgemini to manage your IT services will improve:
- Cost-effectiveness and financial performance: this includes reducing non-discretionary spending, getting more out of investment and improving performance.
- Business and IT alignment: your business strategy will drive your IT function, which in turn ensures you accomplish your business goals.
- Reduced risk through standardised operation.
- Improved end-user experience: continuously identifying improvement opportunities and driving service and delivery metrics.
IT managed services should assess, recommend and act
Capgemini can manage IT services as part of a wider outsourcing contract or independently. We can even provide a health check of your existing managed services regime.
Our business-led approach to IT managed services is based on our "assess, recommend and act" principles and is designed to:
- Provide transparency and visibility of your IT services by identifying inefficiencies and bottlenecks before establishing performance metrics.
- Create a single point of contact for operational management of the IT enterprise for enhanced user experience.
- Reduce manual work and human error for better response and fix time for incidents and requests.
- Implement a cross-supplier and cross-function operations model that drives alignment with the business. With reduced incidents, problems and fire-fighting, this drives down non-discretionary IT spending.
- Implement a reporting solution for transparency of internal and supplier IT operations. This allows intense focus on key issues and opportunities so you can focus on your business priorities.
Read more about our IT Service Management Healthcheck
Service management: A reputation backed by experience
Today's multi-source environment has evolved to be complex and global in a bid to improve service delivery, cost effectiveness and capability. But to achieve those benefits, effectively managed services are essential.
Since the concept of service management first emerged, we have been at the forefront of its development, supporting the Metropolitan Police, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and a global automobile manufacturer. We were one of the first to provide the supplier eco-system model and have consistently evolved our services:
- HMRC appointed us to run CHIEF, one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated electronic customs systems, in order to drive economies of scale in service management.
- We replaced legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) support for a global soft drinks company with a pan-European IT system. We centralised support in a new Centre of Competence and created a governance structure to manage third-party suppliers.