Tax avoidance and error costs more than £2 trillion annually across 145 countries, representing over 98% of world GDP.
Economic conditions have made it more vital than ever that individuals and businesses pay the tax they owe, and that welfare agencies minimise fraud and error.
Transforming risk assessment and compliance capability
Reducing tax evasion and welfare fraud & error is complex. It's as much about the compliance and fraud operating models of an agency, and its business processes, as it is about technology.
Agencies may need to change processes, roles and the way decisions are taken. They often have to rethink policy or legislation. Understanding and making these business changes can then be enabled by specialist fraud technologies.
- Value discovery – Sets out the vision, roadmap and potential value to be delivered by the programme
- Target operating model – Defines the processes, technical & data architecture and organisation required to deliver reduced non-compliance
- Pilot – Applies new analytical software and modelling techniques to identify, understand and detect new types of fraud or tax evasion. Starts to build new capabilities whilst delivering initial benefits
- Assurance – Ensures that the business & IT architecture is robust and future proof, and will deliver business objectives; also ensures that the programme is properly set up and fit for purpose
- End state solution – Provides detailed design and implementation of the capabilities required to deliver benefits for each release
Our analytics-based end state solution, built on SAS technology, can match, link and analyse tax, welfare and external data sources. This massively increases agencies’ power to investigate tax evasion or welfare fraud, while reducing manual effort and prioritising those cases likely to bring the highest return on investment.
Capgemini is a leader in yield and anti-fraud protection in tax & welfare
Our solutions can help you shape, design and deliver new capabilities that protect tax yield and reduce welfare benefit fraud:
- We work with some of the leading tax & welfare administrations in the world
- We developed HMRC’s Connect strategic risking system which delivered £1.3bn additional tax revenue in just 18 months
- Capgemini & HMRC together led the 2011 international tax benchmarking study analysing leading practice in ten countries
- We have signed a preferred global strategic partnership in tax and welfare yield protection and anti-fraud with SAS, the market leader in business analytics
- We can offer a range of commercial models to reduce the need for upfront capital investment