- New, fully-managed case management and correspondence management service brings together
- EMC technology and leading vertical expertise from Capgemini
- Revolutionary way to procure proven case management services, reducing costs and time-to-value
- Built as an off the shelf business solution focused on the end-user
- Targets all key industry verticals, starting with an initial focus on the public sector
Paris, Vienna – EMC® Corporation (NYSE: EMC) and Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services today announced the launch of its joint Case-as-a-Service (CaaS) Solution. This fully-managed offering combines rich technology from EMC with vertical industry and process expertise, global delivery model and proven infrastructure support services from Capgemini. The solution is initially targeted at Public Sector organizations, with plans to rapidly expand across a number of other vertical markets. The solution is being launched at Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group’s EMEA user conference.
Organisations across all industries face the requirement of streamlining people-driven processes and workflows to raise efficiency, cut costs, stay competitive and provide better, faster citizen and customer service. Public sector agencies seek agility to react and respond to political, economic and societal pressures; healthcare and insurance companies require advanced process automation for claims, and banks look to reduce costs and time for processing loans. To address these case management challenges, organisations have typically built heavilycoded custom legacy applications, which can take months to deploy, or business process management applications which prove too rigid. These multiple different applications, even within single organisations, can lead to a high total cost of ownership. Capgemini and EMC joint service-based model helps to accelerate the move from paper to digitization, reducing time, cost and speeding up processes and moves from capex to opex expenditure – by providing an adaptable solution and a single point of contact for information.
Benefits of the EMC-Capgemini Case-as-a-Service solution include:
- Faster time-to-value and reduced total cost of ownership – preconfigured solution requiring no clientsoftware to install, ease of customization and flexible scalability. Solutions available in a fully-managedenvironment with the intent to reduce costs and delivery time by up to 30%.
- Improved productivity, efficiency and service levels – eliminate paper at the point of origin, better control and visibility to information, user access to information anytime, anywhere and streamlined processes.
Reduced procurement and implementation risks – minimal capital investment, pricing based on per case
basis, can be procured on a short-term basis, and service by Capgemini and EMC.
The EMC-Capgemini CaaS solution is comprised of an integrated technology stack, including EMC® Documentum® xCP, the leading case management platform, EMC® Captiva® for enterprise capture and EMC® Document Sciences® for customer communications management. It also includes EMC virtualisation technology based on VCE Vblock, and provisioning and storage. The solution is also “EMC Certified” having been validated by EMC® Proven Professional Certified Architects as well as an independent third party organisation for functional completeness, performance and scalability, security and interoperability. Certified status instills high standards of customer confidence in the solution architecture and foundation.
The Case-as-a-Service solution extends the strategic alliance between EMC and Capgemini, enabling customers to reduce costs and gain efficiency and business agility.
Charlie Li, Global Vice President for EMC at Capgemini said: “We are delighted to be launching this new service which will rapidly help organizations transform their process methods to reduce costs and streamline services. We have packaged our strong sector expertise in content and case management and a global delivery network to provide a compelling business solution, competitive pricing and underpinned by proven technology, methods and tools. Our customers can switch to CaaS and start benefiting quickly with the knowledge that they can refine and adapt business process and workflows in a much more user-friendly and flexible manner.”
Chris McLaughlin, Vice President, Channels and Alliances, Information Intelligence Group at EMC:
“Bringing Case-as-a-Service to market is another important step in the journey for EMC and Capgemini to transform our customers’ business with end-to-end case management solutions. Initially focused on Public Sector but broadly applicable across all industries, this solution addresses a critical need as every organisation requires automated processes for resolving cases, claims and correspondence. The potential cost savings and time-to-value benefits with Case-as-a-Service are only rivalled by the expertise and superior technology of these two market leaders.”
For more information please log onto:
Momentum – the IIG European Users Conference
The EMC Capgemini Case-as-a-Service Solution will be on display at Momentum, the IIG European Users
Conference, November 5-8, 2012 in Vienna. For more information, please visit:
Additional EMC Resources:
- Learn more about Case-as-a-Service
- Watch the video
- Learn more about Documentum xCP
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook www.facebook.com/emcdocumentum, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm12 conversation on Twitter.
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network
Additional Capgemini Resources: