Differentiate for competitive advantage with core policy processing.
Stiffer competition, rising costs, fleeting customer loyalty and slowing premium growth are exerting significant pressures on margins and revenue. Revenue growth is also being affected by high insurance penetration and density, increased commoditisation of products and price-sensitivity. As a result, insurers are forced to protect their customer base, seek out innovative product and pricing strategies, improve customer service capabilities and achieve higher operational efficiencies.
In this environment, many carriers are working on improving their policy processing function to create a stable and reliable operating platform which will enable brand differentiation by building business agility and creating market-leading business capabilities in the policy processing area.
Capgemini core policy processing servicesOur core policy processing services for property & casualty insurers help innovate, implement and industrialise through our proven framework and strategy.
Our professionals are experienced in leading the formulation of strategy, helping clients build a business case for core policy transformation, crafting detailed implementation roadmaps and selecting solutions and vendors. We can also help build new core platforms, whether that involves implementing off-the-shelf packages, modernising legacy systems or developing customised solutions.
From gathering requirements to design, build and test, Capgemini offers a full range of development capabilities, and can tap into a global network of delivery resources, as well as seasoned programme and project managers on the ground at client, offshore and nearshore locations. Our teams keep core policy processing systems running at full speed as well, with proven skills in application maintenance, business process outsourcing and Software as a Service. Read more about our core policy processing services.
A business-driven, capability-based approach
Capgemini believes the best way to address the policy processing technology challenge is to take a business-driven approach to core policy transformation that ensures business outcomes are achieved and targeted benefits are realised. Such an approach significantly reduces risk, increases capabilities per pound of IT spending and, importantly, enables the carrier to optimise its operating cost as a result.
By aligning information technology with business capabilities throughout a policy processing transformation, companies can ensure they are building systems that will deliver specific, concrete business value at three levels:
- Using commercially available capabilities for industrialisation
- Architecting the policy processing solution in a way that drives operational agility
- Enabling the business with capabilities to support its brand differentiation
Reducing risk and accelerating results
Capgemini reduces its insurance clients’ risk related to core policy transformation initiatives and accelerates results with its robust portfolio of proprietary tools and assets that include:
- Strategy templates such as business cases, roadmap and implementation plans that facilitate and speed decision-making and implementation planning
- Insurance capability model and reference architecture
- Property & casualty requirements, use cases and test repository to reduce the effort and complexity of integrating new core processing systems with the existing architecture
- Customised package implementation methodologies that incorporate the best practices in programme and project management
These tools and assets can accelerate implementation of new or enhanced core processing systems while ensuring all business requirements are fully addressed and reducing the risk of a failed implementation. In fact, Capgemini's policy administration tools reduce requirements gathering, design and development time of innovations by 25-40%.
However, there is much more to Capgemini's approach to core policy processing transformation than fast, low-risk implementations.
- Through increased efficiencies, for example, in operations and the customer contact centre, insurers can reduce expense ratios and obtain operating expense reductions of up to 35%.
- With our help, insurers can shorten time to market with product enhancements and rate revisions. In certain cases, we have seen rate changes shorten from months to weeks and weeks to days, often improving responsiveness by 50-60%.
- Insurers realise increased capabilities per pound of IT spending from two perspectives: shifting more spending from running the business to innovation, and ensuring that each pound spent yields more benefit.
- Insurers can improve their combined ratios through data-driven product and underwriting decisions, often shaving several points off their loss ratio.
Experience and expertise
Capgemini is a recognised leader in the property & casualty market with:
- Over 400 insurance clients with 12 of the world's 15 largest insurers
- 21,000 professionals serving financial services clients across the globe, including over 5,000 dedicated to insurance and more than 1,500 insurance testing professionals
- Experienced insurance leadership that averages 15-20 years of property & casualty industry experience
- Strong alliances with Guidewire®, Pegasystems®, HP®, Oracle®, Thunderhead® and Business Objects®
- Capgemini won the 2011 Pega Partner Excellence Award for Customer Centricity and the Guidewire Partner of the Year Award in 2011
Contact us now
To understand how you can realise the benefits of our Core Policy Processing services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.