Factors such as big data and an increasingly mobile and remote workforce require IT to be more agile yet remain secure. This has implications for your data centre. We can help you to optimise your data centre to save you money and add value to your business.
Data centre optimisation for greater benefits
To get the most out of virtualisation, you need a data centre that is:
Your aging data centre may not be designed to support the power requirements that current technologies demand. When a complete overhaul isn’t an option, optimising your current data centre can significantly reduce costs and help you reap the benefits of cloud computing
Building the foundation for secure, sustainable data centres
We offer data centre optimisation services that deliver concrete results:
- 30% reduction in total cost of your IT operations: reducing maintenance on underused equipment, retiring underutilised functionalities
- Greater peace of mind: disaster recovery processes, physical security tested to military standards
- More flexibility and agility: traditional on-premise enterprise architecture or public cloud services
- Increased energy efficiency in line with Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) ratings
- Improved service levels of at least 99% system availability
We take a phased approach to data centre optimisation:
- Analysing the current state: we assess your asset inventory, staffing levels and activities, and services provided
- Designing the future state: we find a balance between meeting your users’ needs and cutting costs
- Establishing the migration path: we use industry benchmarks, operational standards and more to determine optimal service provision
A longstanding commitment to data centre sustainability
Over the years, we have worked with clients to optimise their data centres. All of our data centres have PUE ratings that are better than the industry average.
Our typical data centre optimisation projects reduce total cost of ownership by 25% and optimise space usage by 75%. We’re committed to improving the energy efficiency of our data centre network.
In the UK, we worked with Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to replace its ageing data centre facilities. In a 24-hour migration, we successfully moved tax credit services to a new facility without disrupting vital payments for 6 million UK families. The project involved changes to over 75% of HMRC’s systems and updating interfaces with other government departments and external bodies.
We were recently selected by leading Scandinavian road transport fuel retailer, Statoil Fuel & Retail ASA, to deliver a new IT infrastructure.
We also implemented a new infrastructure for the Administration of the Port of Lisbon. The project reduced:
- The number of physical servers needed by 90%
- The installed capacity required for the same performance level by 54%
- The amount of occupied space in the data center by 76%