Technical Lead / Software Architect
Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront.
We have grown our capacity in the centre by almost 85% in 18 months, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
You will be the point of contact for software architecture and design queries/decisions within an agile team; providing software architecture expertise, development and testing activities. As a leader in the group you will be responsible for undertaking internal software assessments, providing governance within the team, negotiating software solutions with Platform architecture leads and working with the technical architect to shape the overall technical solution. You will be expected to provide technical guidance as well as develop key mechanisms and complex components using the preferred technologies.
What you’ll do
• Define and build software solution(s) considering maturity, integrity, stability, scale, maintainability and user profile;
• Articulate the different architectural views to depict aspects of the solution and common mechanisms for interactions between software components;
• Define the longer term technical strategy and how the solution will consider this, whilst ensuring the software solution is compatible with the overall architecture;
• Appreciate non-technology aspects of the software solution (e.g. business strategy)
• Support the solution throughout its construction, providing support to the development community;
• Convince the team to adhere to and effectively leverage the software architecture and maintain modifications in architecturally relevant documents;
• Assist in recruiting / building an effective team of developers
What you’ll bring
• Strong technical appreciation of Open Source & Digital technologies and knowledge of tools to enable best practice development and make recommendations on tool usage.
• Proven background and experience in a range of technologies including Java, JSON, XML, Microservices, Agile Scrum methodology, Play Framework, mongoDB, Scala, Docker, Puppet, IntelliJ, IDE, Sbt;
• Knowledge of Java Development, Weblogic, Webmethods, Java Scripting, J2SE, J2EE, Spring, EJB, HTML, HTML5, Unix, Eclipse, SOAP, XML, REST, JBOSS, Apache, Tomact, SQL, Hibernate, JUnit, Selenium (Automation), GiT, WS02
• Lateral thinking: generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems •
• Pragmatism: delivery-focused, adaptable and responsive
• Influencing skills to drive change and continuous improvement
• Demonstrable ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
• Strong Experience of Agile approaches and methodology.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.