Solution Architect - Application Development & Maintenance
To work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients as a member of a solution architecture team, typically within or associated with a delivery, proposition or consulting engagement.
Assignments will vary in size and duration, and may involve working as part of a team delivering a contractual solution, providing expert client-side consultancy, mentoring, design authority project delivery, or acting as a “trusted advisor” and/or “subject matter expert” to clients and internal teams alike. Your relationships will run from senior management level through to project development teams.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Finanical Services, with a headcount of 6000+ individuals and servicing 500+ clients globally.
In the UK, ADM consists of the following disciplines:
- Solution architecture
- Software development
- Mainframe development
- Managed services
- Project/programme management
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
The key responsibilities of the job will include some or more of the following:
- Deliver strategic business, information and technology service architecture development working as part of a multi-disciplinary team using the appropriate frameworks
- To be responsible for the definition and delivery of the technical aspects of the projects, to include timely production of architectural designs and documentation
- To participate in a Technical Design Authority to assess and quantify the risks associated with design decisions, and communicate these to relevant parties
- Support the business development activities; shape and design solution architectures for proposals, attend client meetings with the sales teams etc
- Experience in design and delivery of Service Oriented Architectures
- A subject matter expert in at least one discipline
- Lateral thinker with outcome-oriented approached to architecture-enabled value creation
- Rounded architecture experience including some or all aspects of enterprise change programmes in terms of profession and technology (programme design & management, transformation, IS&T strategy, infrastructure and networking, applications, security, BI, content management, service provision, programme and technology governance etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to present logical, convincing, reasoned arguments, and influence stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate and maintain a broad knowledge of technology solutions, current trends and techniques, and actively communicate new technology developments.
- Good sector knowledge – working in financial services in a core banking, insurance or capital markets capacity.
- TOGAF 9 or Open Group certification
- Experience in projects working with or managing offshore teams
- Experience of consulting led and relationship led selling
- Working knowledge or architecture development tools and techniques
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.