Senior Front End Developer
Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Platforms team produce web platforms for enterprise clients, providing complex solutions in content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery.
You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
The focus of your role
As a Senior Front End Developer part of your role will be to lead development and delivery of engaging web experiences for our clients across mobile, tablets and desktop. You will also own the technical delivery of components, ensuring robust, scalable solutions - with the support of other senior developers and architects to design appropriate technical solutions
What you’ll do
You have a passion for digital technology and that comes across in the work you do, this is just some of what you could find yourself doing daily…..if you can do most of what you see below we would love to speak to you
• Lead the continuous improvement of the development process, practices, tools and techniques of front end development teams
• Coach and mentor other team members to share knowledge and experience and help grow the team
• Work with client stakeholders and internal teams to develop new opportunities
• Contribute to internal and external open source projects and initiatives
What you’ll bring
It would be amazing if you could do it all but we are realistic….so if you have experience in most of the below lets discuss the role, you may have other experience that could make you valuable asset…….
• Experience using SASS or other CSS pre-processors
• Experience working with third-party APIs
• Experience using Grunt, Gulp or similar tools to automate tasks
• Comfortable with version control software (Git)
• Experience of responsive design and working with multiple browsers
• Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
• Experience of leading agile teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
• Experience of delivering web solutions in an integrated environment, with an understanding of how to optimise
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.