SAP NetWeaver Consultant
Initially based in Treforest, Cardiff with the possibility on nationwide assignments
Who you’ll be working with
You will be a part of Capgemini’s dynamic, market leading UK SAP Practice, joining as a SAP Basis Consultant responsible for working in technical design and configuration work streams within complex SAP solutions for our customers. You will work within a large team, who work with the latest technologies such as HANA, Cloud, Hybris, SuccessFactors and be able to grow your career within a consistently growing organization.
The focus of your role
As a SAP Basis consultant you will provide support and technical expertise to one of Capgemini’s key clients, supporting, maintaining, migrating and upgrading a highly available heterogeneous environment delivering key services within the UK Public Sector. You will be expected to learn new SAP and non-SAP skills to support the overall solution and to keep your skills current through formal and informal training. The role will be initially mainly office based and require you to be part of an on-call rota but could develop to a full consultancy-type role if desired.
What you’ll do
• Implementation and administration of multiple key SAP Technologies – ABAP, Java, Business Objects, HANA, Gateway, Flori etc.
• Implementation and administration of multiple operating systems – Unix, Windows, Linux
• Implementation and administration of multiple databases – DB2, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase ASE, SAP HANA
• Performing Upgrades and Patches
• Support both BAU and Project engagements
What you’ll bring
• The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with a strong can do attitude and willingness to share knowledge with and learn from their peers
• The candidate will be expected to work in teams of SAP and Non-SAP consultants to deliver projects
• Have been through at least 2 full SAP project lifecycles (Implementations and/or upgrades)
• Experience of current SAP Technologies such as HANA, BO, Gateway, Integration with Cloud Platforms etc
• Demonstrable presentation and client facing skills.
• Have a good balance of experience in installation, testing & day-to-day administration.
• Willingness to travel and work in locations within the UK
What we’ll offer you
Professional and technical development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.