SAP Data Management/Migration Consultant
Who you’ll be working with
You will join a fast growing part of Capgemini’s dynamic, market leading UK SAP solution centre helping to deliver data management and migration aspects of some of the most exciting and challenging SAP solutions for clients across various industries.
The focus of your role
You will typically work for large, corporate clients in multiple sectors, working in cross-discipline, agile and distributed teams in the UK and will be focused on SAP green/brownfield implementations which will leverage your first class data management and migration skills to solve our client’s data problems and challenges.
What you’ll do
• Working with clients and alongside functional and technical consultants to lead the SAP data and associated process analysis stream, analysing data migration requirements and the make-up of legacy data.
• Designing appropriate data migration solutions including, where required, transformation routines.
• Building, testing, executing and managing data migrations utilising tools such as SAP LSMW or SAP BusinessObjects Data Services solutions.
• Preload and post load validation of migration results, handle dropouts and advise on data cleansing requirements.
• Manage migration dress rehearsals, migration cutover tasks and post go-live support.
• Providing advisory services to clients to understand their data management issues and advising on appropriate data management strategies and techniques.
What you’ll bring
• Extensive experience of data management and migration activities in a SAP environment.
• A detailed understanding of SAP’s various Enterprise Information Management solutions with the ability to assess and understand client requirements in order to match appropriate solutions.
• Strong experience in the design and implementation of SAP’s ETL solutions such as SAP BusinessObjects Data Services and SAP LSMW, and additionally integration technologies such as IDOCs and BAPIs.
• A wide experience across a range of SAP ERP functional areas such as Finance, Logistics and Human Capital Management.
• Experience in data analysis and reconciliation and able to prove correctness and completeness of migration tasks.
• Experience with cutover planning and preparation of data migration runbooks.
• Good consulting skills are a pre-requisite, with client facing consulting capability.
• Articulate, and can provide written documentation to a professional standard.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.