Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Salesforce Architect to join the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) practice.
- Must also be able to identify and confirm technical design risks, and develop mitigating approaches.
- Must also have experience providing level of effort estimates for technical portion of solutions. You will be responsible for owning the architecture and design of complex
- solution components (e.g., integration, security, custom development). Analyse and review complex business, technical and functional requirements
- Design and document custom changes and applications based on the requirements specification and best practices.
- Ensuring test plan is created and unit testing is carried out
- Ensure project communication with all project team members and client stakeholders
- Providing accurate estimates when required to support client delivery or sales activity
- Ensure best practices and standards are continuously being reviewed and adhered to by the team.
- Understanding of Salesforce architecture and requirements to design solution
- Knowledge of encryption technologies and working knowledge of Salesforce platform encryption desirable
- Experience in implementing Lightning experience and Connect and advantage
- Dev401 and Dev501 certifications (Admin, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud an advantage)
- Good working knowledge of agile project delivery principles
- Fantastic communication and presenting skills.
- Ability to manage, monitor and encourage junior developers in the team to nurture them along their journey
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.