Retail Functional Consultant
Flexible on home location
Who you’ll be working with
You will be a part of the fast growing Retail and Consumer Products team within Capgemini’ s dynamic, market leading UK packages practice. Joining as a Functional Consultant you will support solution design, configuration work streams and the business client in providing solutions for our customers.
Working closely with the business, both senior managers and end users, you will tease out detailed business processes and scenarios during workshops in order to define system requirements. You will take the business requirements and match them to system capabilities in order to highlight any gaps in functionality recommending how those gaps may be managed through business process.
The focus of your role
You will document the business process in a formal manner to inform and enable the technical consultants to build the requirements and interface the required master data into the system.
Once system build is complete you will support the system testing that confirms that the system is being built to standard and when system testing is signed off you will support user acceptance testing and documentation of training material. You may be required to configure the system yourself within certain boundaries that the system allows.
What you’ll do
• Manage functional analysis workshops to gather business system requirements.
• Formalise business requirements through documentation
• Act as the bridge between the business and the technical team who will build system to written requirements
• Having translated the business requirements to the technical team you will support system testing to ensure that what is delivered to the customer is fit for purpose
• Support the preparation of application training, creating scenarios based upon your understanding of the system end use.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of order to cash processes, understand and translate business requirements into proposed solutions and designs.
What you’ll bring
• Experience in the consumer packaged goods sector (CPG)
• Good understanding of CPG commercial processes (trade promotions, trade contract management, incentives management) within CPG/FMCG Companies
• SQL knowledge
• Experience in working within the most widely used Project Management methodologies
• Experience of the order to cash processes and scenarios through multiple channels.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.