Platform Engineer – Dev Ops
Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Platforms team produce web platforms for enterprise clients, providing complex solutions in content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery.
You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
The focus of your role
You’ll have a good understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services we are delivering; focusing on simplicity, decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment.
You’ll have a good understanding of cross discipline and matrix teams, where the industry is heading and be incredibly collaborative. You’ll leverage the depth of knowledge and experience within the team and help shape the organisation culture and technology in the right direction.
What you’ll do
This will be an opportunity for you to be involved in some of the following.
• Actively creating Dev Ops ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams
• System provisioning & automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening.
• Be responsible for the health and upkeep of the critical services.
• Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle.
What you’ll bring
We would like you to have this experience:
• Strong Linux and troubleshooting skills, scripting and automation
• Experience working with AWS (secure by design building infrastructure in the cloud)
• Strong AWS API/CLI and Experience of working with either Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation
• Reasonable fluency in at least one programming language eg: Ruby, Go, Python
• Experience of configuration management tools eg: Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef
Possibly have some experience of these:
• Any experience with the following technologies eg: Docker, Fleet, Etcd, Flannel, Kubernetes
• Or additional knowledge/experience with Drone, Sysdig, Vault or Consul
• Code Pipelines eg: Git, Sonarqube, Bamboo, Jenkins
• Good understanding of networking.
And as a person you will be/have:
• Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
• Knowledge of metrics and protective monitoring
• A good understanding of using robust software best practices/methodologies.
• An appetite to learn and an understanding of new technologies.
• An understanding of cloud concepts and how to automate the build over specific API's within the cloud.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.