Microsoft .NET Developer
Who you’ll be working with
The Capgemini Application Development & Integration (AD&I) Delivery Unit specialises in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale, delivering some of the largest, most innovative enterprise Digital projects in the UK and around the world.
Our capabilities cover a wide variety of technologies with a strong focus on Microsoft, Java and Open Source and Cloud Platforms including Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and IBM Bluemix.
Our vision is to help our customers achieve their objectives by providing innovative digital integration insight, expertise and solutions.
We are seeking experienced Microsoft Developers with strong Microsoft .Net development and Microsoft Azure experience to join a creative and diverse team with a passion for technology.
The focus of your role
The role of the Microsoft Developer in AD&I is primarily focussed on designing, developing and delivering solutions that help our clients achieve their goals. This will include development of Cloud, On-Premise and Hybrid applications using the full Microsoft technology stack. With demonstrable experience in Agile software development, you should have a good knowledge across a range of Microsoft and other technologies, be able to communicate the approach to stakeholders and apply your skills to delivering the right solution.
What you’ll do
• You will work within a team of Microsoft technical specialists: architects, designers, platform engineers and developers, including both UK and India based colleagues
• You will create leading edge solutions for Capgemini clients; working in either a Capgemini office or on client site
• You will be working in a culture that delivers some of the biggest and most exciting IT programmers globally - built on the Microsoft platform
What you’ll bring
• In depth knowledge of current versions of the .NET Framework and the C# programming language
• Good knowledge of delivering solutions on a range of Microsoft Azure cloud platform services including App Services (Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps, Logic Apps), Azure Service Bus, Event Hubs and Azure Active Directory authentication.
• Good knowledge of database development (SQL Server, Entity Framework, T-SQL)
• Good knowledge of building dashboards and reporting solutions (Power BI, Azure Data Factory)
• Good knowledge of middleware and integration technologies like Service Bus and BizTalk Server
• In depth knowledge of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Services application lifecycle development tools, including use of source control, automated testing, code analysis, continuous integration and deployment
• Experience of building solutions optimized for the enterprise, adaptable to change for dynamic business markets, and support a DevOps approach
• Experience of and knowledge of other Microsoft products like SharePoint and Dynamics CRM are desirable
• Experience of delivering large scale solutions for global organizations
• Experience of working in Agile teams and contributing to risk/value driven development lifecycle
• Ability to think independently, contribute to the direction of product development with excellent communication skills to express technology choices and ideas to stakeholders and team members
• Demonstrate a passion for technology and its application, collaborating with Capgemini global communities on emerging technologies and standards
• Security Clearance (SC) is desirable
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.