Microsoft BI Consultant
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Who you'll be working with
The Enterprise BI team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. We have skills in and customers who demand leading skills across a variety of BI and Data management technologies. We have a particular focus on Microsoft and Tableau.
We continue to grow and need to add to our talented Microsoft team. If you are keen to join a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place.
The focus of your role
As a Microsoft BI Consultant, you will get the opportunity to demonstrate a broad range of skills across the Microsoft stack, including building and delivering OLTP and data warehouse workloads across traditional on-premises and cloud platforms. Using your knowledge of the Microsoft data platform, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) paradigms, you will deliver exciting and ground breaking solutions to end-clients.
Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client’s data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative BI solution for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.
What you'll do
- Build and deliver MSBI solutions across on-premises and cloud platforms
- Build relationships with client stakeholders to establish a high-level of MSBI expertise
- Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern BI products
- Work effectively on client sites, Capgemini offices and from home
- Assisting in Proof of Concepts
- Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working, contribute to the I&D practice and mentor juniors and be part of a knowledge management initiative.
What you'll bring
- Broad range of development skills across the Microsoft stack e.g. SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services, Reporting Services (SSRS) from versions 2005 to 2016.
- Some experience with the Azure stack and Microsoft PaaS offerings - Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse plus orchestration products like Azure Data Factory and Enterprise Service Bus
- Familiarity with other cloud providers e.g. Amazon, Google
- Visualisation and data exploration tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, r, Python etc.
- Familiarity with modern developer methods and techniques eg Agile, DevOps, continuous integration, automated testing
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply