Management Consultant – Utilities Analytics
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Main Purpose Of Role
The focus of your role
Utilities in Power, Gas and Water across the UK are undergoing the greatest changes to their operating environment in their entire history driven by radical changes in for example technology, social behaviour and legislation. At the same time, regulators and increasingly customers are placing unprecedented requirements on utilities to deliver greater business performance and customer service, and at lower cost.
Our Business Analytics team delivers analytical solutions and advisory services to a wide range of clients across various industry sectors – including Utilities. We work collaboratively with our clients, providing them the expertise and structured thinking that will help them develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
We are seeing a significant increase in demand for our successful Utilities Analytics consultants who are already working with major power, gas and water utilities. We have built a successful track record of improving both utilities’ performance and customer experience through deployment of leading edge analytics solutions. Specifically, our consultants help our Utilities clients use analytics to:
• Optimise investment decisions and deliver sustainable performance from their assets
• Shape and evolve their customer experience
• Improve their business performance and reduce costs by optimising complex processes
• Innovate their business models and operations.
What you’ll do
You’ll undertake a wide variety of challenging project work, helping our clients to optimise their business processes, improve operations and drive performance improvement. You’ll be encouraged, and have the licence, to develop new ways of delivering value. The type of work that you might get involved in will vary from:
• Using modelling and analytics to solve business problems as part of a major business transformation, or working on specialised pieces of work such as statistical analysis, economic modelling, business case development, risk modelling, optimisation, simulation, systems dynamics and forecasting.
• Developing and using modelling tools to support strategic decision making.
• Supporting client to design, build and implement analytics based solutions.
• Delivering analytical advisory services to clients.
• Developing both thought leadership points of view and new service offerings to differentiate us in the marketplace.
Skills and Experience
What you’ll bring
You’ll be a talented consultant with both analytical and client-facing skills looking to apply creative thinking and innovative methods to your clients’ business needs. You’ll bring drive and commitment to own and deliver outstanding work, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
You’ll have a track record of academic achievement (first degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics) and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science. You’ll bring experience in utilities or other asset intensive regulated industries such as rail and aviation, or energy retail. You’ll be very comfortable using Excel and have experience of modelling and analytical tools such as: Simul8/Witness/Vensim/SAS/SPSS/R.
You’ll have the ability to combine rigorous analysis of complex issues and the development of insights and solutions with strong general consulting skills and the ability to present and deliver to Senior Management or CXO level.
You’ll be at ease working in mixed teams of colleagues and senior client executives and bring a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery. You’ll need to be credible, with the gravitas to engage effectively with C-level / CXOs on a peer to peer basis. You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility - able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity. In fact, you’ll thrive in this environment. We are looking for talented people with relevant experience or qualifications to help us grow.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/