Management Consultant - Telco - IT Strategy & IT Operating Model
Our Business and Technology Innovation practice is one of the leading Business IT Services teams in the UK and Europe. High demand in our key accounts underpins our concrete growth plans. Our main focus is on delivering profitable outcomes in business and IT orientated environments. We work in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
We are looking for experienced and talented Managing Consultants who are interested in joining our IT Operating Model team that advises CIOs of large and complex firms in defining and aligning the organisation and capabilities to their strategic objectives.
The exciting Managing Consultant level role will be to work on the pursuit and delivery of consulting services mainly around IT operating model in the Telco market. Key responsibilities will include:
• Engaging and advising Telco IT leaders in how their processes are best enabled by the applications landscape, Technology Transformation Planning and Execution and IT strategy.
• Leading in the shaping and delivery of large and concurrent IT transformation programmes, from strategy to implementation, taking on a key role overseeing and managing transformation activities, with the ability to advise on additional Capgemini consulting services;
• Providing strong expertise into related aspects that can optimise value and transform the way in which IT organisations are run, such as IT strategy, service management and sourcing;
• Delivering projects for our clients which transform their business technology capabilities and improve effectiveness and efficiency;
• Supporting actively the growth of our business by leading practice development and management activities (e.g. proposition development, training, and recruitment).
At the Managing Consultant grade, you will be responsible for Telco sales in excess of £500,000 per annum and have a strong desire to be part of, and contribute to, the growth and success of a top-tier consulting practice, contributing to our offers, knowledge and overall strategic goals.
Skills and Experience
You should have significant experience in several of the following areas:
• Either Mobile and/or Fixed line Telco experience.
• Either B2B and/or B2C Telco experience.
• Organisation and operating model design, with detailed experience around the IT function.
• IT strategy development and IT Business Shared Services and/or out-sourced services transformation.
• Digital transformation and impact on IT operating model.
• Transformation programme management.
• Complex business change management.
You will also require:
• Strong management consulting experience, from a recognised leading management consulting firm for part of your career;
• Strong management consulting competencies (people and change management, business process design, transformation and employee processes) as well as proven delivery success in the IT operating model space;
• Deep knowledge and experience in the Telco sector
• Excellent communication skills to influence board and other high-level stakeholders;
• Experience and comfortable in an IT environment perhaps through project management of technology-rich project delivery or IT advisory services.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.