Management Consultant – Financial Services Operating Model / Architect
London base location with expensive travel
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting clients on their major transformation programmes, from the creation of innovative strategies, to their design and execution. With the new digital economy creating significant disruption, our global team of over 3,600 consultants work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Financial Services is Capgemini’s largest sector, representing roughly a quarter of Group revenues in 2015. Globally, Capgemini has over 30,000 professionals dedicated to our Financial Services clients which include two thirds of the world’s largest insurance companies and over half of the world’s largest banks. Financial Services is Capgemini Consulting’s fastest growing market in the UK, driven by our clients’ responses to the digital revolution, to regulatory pressures, to efficiency concerns and the need to overhaul legacy technology platforms.
Our Business Model Transformation Practice comprises consultants and business architects with deep experience and skills in helping our Financial Services clients to transform, setting their strategic direction, creating new operating models and delivering sustainable change - such as improved customer acquisition, service and retention through new digitally enabled capabilities. We typically work with Chief Digital Officers, CIOs and COOs on mission-critical organisational redesigns and solution implementation.
Main Purpose Of Role
The focus of your role
Your role will be to engage with middle or senior management of our Banking and Insurance clients to help to deliver benefits through the full range of regulatory, revenue generation and simplification programmes, in pure business change, digital and systems integration.
You will be instrumental in helping us to continue to strengthen our client base and our Operating Model delivery assets within Banking and Insurance, and to maintain our position as the market leader in Digital Transformation consulting. In particular you’ll be expected to play a key role in developing ‘best in class’ operating model, process and system designs for the different types of institutions within the Financial Services market, leveraging our digital expertise and knowledge of the latest generation banking and insurance technologies.
What you’ll do
You will understand and define effective business architectures, organisational business solutions, implementation plans, programme and change management, benefit realisation, and you will organise and coach other team members and build client relationships (to ensure client satisfaction and to position opportunities for further work).
Our Managing Consultants lead the development of domain expertise, methods and delivery assets in their relevant areas of consulting capability and industry knowledge. They act as performance managers, coaches and mentors to other consultants in the business and act as the key, day-to-day point of contact for clients. You’ll be expected to manage projects without the need for daily oversight from Principals or VPs and to be at the forefront of identifying new sell-on opportunities within the clients you’ll be working with.
What you’ll bring
Ideally you will have a recognised consulting background with a focus on the banking sector and you will be knowledgeable in the trends affecting the UK Financial Services market and in the challenges facing banks and/or insurance companies. Familiarity with some of the relevant supporting technologies and developments in the digital economy will help you apply the digital tools and leading techniques to support clients.
You’ll bring proven skills and experience in proposing, selling and leading management consultancy projects within the financial services sector, and you should be intellectually capable of developing and holding peer level relationships at all levels of the client’s company.
We maintain increasingly high standards for our consultants and in all cases require candidates with:
• A track record of senior level influence and commercial acumen
• Proven intellectual strength. You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent
• Proven business success. You should provide a track-record of business success defined by clear, measurable business outcomes achieved. You’ll be able to differentiate what you supported through team working, and what individual contributions you made
• Excellent presentation and articulation skills. You’ll demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions.
Specifically, we’re looking for candidates whose experience best matches the following:
• Experience of developing and delivering business, process and technical architecture in a banking environment
• Knowledge of current & emerging banking business models across large and small banks
• Understanding of how banking technology platforms support the operating model
• Strategic thinking: ability to shape and solve problems using a fact-based approach to drive out insight
• The Financial Services market: either as a consultant or in a line role for a bank or insurance company
• The development and implementation of operating models and/or process redesign projects
• The application of relevant tools and techniques: such as strategic and/or detailed operating model design, customer journey mapping, process mapping, Lean techniques, business architecture, organisation design, organisation sizing, governance, role design, the development of business cases etc.
Why join us? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe that the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/