Java Developer - Manchester region
To work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients, as a member of the software engineering team typically within or associated with a consulting or delivery engagement.
A typical role would be to create solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- To define objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- To design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- To integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- To create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- To complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- To develop comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
- To update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets.
- Good understanding of Application, Information, and Integration Implementation, ideally for financial services clients.
- Recent experience in the following areas:
- Core Java (Version 7/8 preferred, version 5 essential)
- Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, JQuery, Dojo, AJAX, Web Services REST/SOAP)
- Web Frameworks (Struts 2, Apache Tiles, Spring, Hibernate)
- Spring Modules (IoC, AOP, Transactions, MVC, Webflow, Security, Web Services, Integration)
- Java EE/J2EE Technologies (JSF, JSP, Servlet, JMS, EJB, JPA, JTA)
- RDBMS (PL/SQL, Oracle DB, Sybase, DB2, SQL)
- Design Patterns (J2EE, GOF)
- Design Approaches and principles (DDD, SOLID, GRASP)
- Application Server (Weblogic, Websphere, Glassfish, JBoss, Apache)
- Mobile applications and frameworks (e.g. Kony)
- Others (e.g. XML, UML, Perl Scripting, Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, Intellig, Mongo)
- Experience of developing Enterprise Integration solutions using at least one of the following technology stacks:
- IBM Web Sphere (Message broker, Web Sphere MQ, Portal, ESB, Process Server, Data Power)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic Integration, WebCentre, Oracle ESB, Oracle BPM, BAM)
- A demonstrable Java EE/J2EE background, as a significant proportion of the projects will be focused around the delivery of enterprise solutions
- Agile development practices (CI, TDD, BDD, etc)
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Development skills
- UML skills
- Ability to design/develop sensible, simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and when to apply them
- Commercial awareness, including ability to recognise commercial and technical risk
- Proficient at communicating complex technical issues to both business and technical audiences
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience of technologies such as BPEL, Rules Engine etc
- Experience of application server administration, clustering, deployment, Continuous Integration etc
- Experience of any UI toolkits like Google UI Kit or Yahoo UI library
- Consulting experience within a major consultancy or SI organisation
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.