Information Governance Consultant
Any UK base
Who you'll be working with
The Data Management practice within the Insights and Data business unit of Capgemini is a global practice involved on a broad range of business and IT focused topics from Information Strategy, Governance, Master Data Management, Data Architecture, Migration and Lifecycle Management. We help our clients build an enterprise class data platform that allows them to move ahead in their journey of big data and insights. Primarily working with leading software vendors like SAP, Informatica, IBM, Oracle et al, the team are first and foremost Consultants, putting client requirements and industry best practice at the heart of delivery.
The focus of your role
Information/Data Governance (IG), as opposed to other more technical Information Management disciplines within our Insights & Data practice, is primarily focused on the Business side of our client organizations and frequently deals with senior executives, sometimes at Board level. Our IG engagements aim at improving the integrity and control of the client’s critical data assets and ultimately at improving the organization’s business performance, agility and compliance.
Client organizations often struggle to master IG or simply neglect it. Making an IG program work requires IG expertise and experience, facilitation and negotiation skills as well as an ability to work with the client’s internal dynamics. This is where Capgemini’s IG Consultants come in.
What you'll do
- Advise clients on how to build and run an effective IG program, using Capgemini’s proprietary QuickStart Information Governance framework, methodology, templates and best practice.
- Assess & measure As-Is IG maturity, identify desired To-Be state and develop a plan and roadmap leading to agreed targets.
- Develop, set up or improve a suitable IG organization.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and workshops to identify a holistic set of IG workstreams across all IG capabilities and data domains in scope.
- Host Standardization Working Group meetings and use them to discuss and agree common standards, policies etc.
- Develop a business benefits model.
- Show DQ dashboards to senior executives to enable them to take remediation steps.
- Explore the client’s need and willingness to invest into a Data Governance Management
What you'll bring
- Hands-on experience in Business Glossaries & Data Dictionaries, Data Architecture / Data Modelling, Data Quality analysis & reporting, Metadata Management, Reference Data Management, Data Lineage & Traceability
- Experience in complex stakeholder management activities - ability to apply core consulting skills to build credibility with clients at the senior management level to solve significant business issues; develop client relationships to generate successful Capgemini sales opportunities within and beyond the scope of current projects
- Management and leadership experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply