IBM Watson Stack & Big Data Engineer
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Who you'll be working with
The Big Data Analytics team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. We continue to grow and need to add to our talented team. We very much try to encourage a ‘leave your grade at the door’ mentality so everyone feels comfortable contributing to our innovation. We also have a great sense of community, we encourage sharing of ideas, we sponsor meet ups for your peers and have a large calendar of social events throughout the year.
If you are keen on working on some truly cutting edge programmes, learning new technologies and techniques and joining a team with like minded big data architects, engineers and analysts, then click the link below and apply now.
The focus of your role
We are looking to bring in a Big Data Engineer who is an experienced practitioner in IBM Watson Stack. If you join us, you would be involved with the full life cycle of designing and delivering cognitive computing platforms to support modern analytical data science and AI solutions utilising the IBM Watson product set. Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client’s data transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating some innovative solution for a complex problem.
What you'll do
- You will work within a Big Data engineering team or an analytics function to:
- Evaluate cognitive application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning of Watson services and applications on IBM Bluemix
- Provide expertise in identification of cognitive use cases that bring significant business value, development of use cases from proof of concept to enterprise-wide implementation and integration of cognitive computing services within an existing application environment
- Work alongside the engineering teams and align with all aspects of day to day delivery in an Agile or DevOps environment
- You will work with clients to identify Cognitive Computing strategies, options and roadmaps
- Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working, mentor junior architects and lead on business development opportunities
What you'll bring
If you can demonstrate some or all of these characteristics then we’d really like to talk to you -
- Experience in a software engineering/development background (in Java or C# or other COTS Products).
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on IBM Bluemix or other cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Significant experience designing the architecture for Big Data and data science platforms including Hadoop, Spark, data warehouses, NoSQL or graph databases
- Knowledge, experience and practical application of Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Semantic Technologies, Big Data or Machine Learning
- Development experience and expertise with the Watson Data Platform, Data Science Experience (DSX) and Watson APIs and services including Knowledge Studio, Natural Language Understanding, Speech-to-text and Visual Recognition
- Designing analytical data stores for enterprise-wide performance management and data visualisation applications
- Architecting optimal cognitive computing solutions based on Watson services from user requirements
- Experience in data architecture and designing logical data models
- Workshop facilitation, client communication and presentation of cognitive computing concepts to non-technical audiences
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Understanding of how cognitive computing technology can automate and enhance operational business processes
Any Experience of:
- Experience of DevOps type operations – use of source control (GitHub, Stash), Build tools (Puppet, Jenkins, etc), continuous integration, test driven development (i.e. Cucumber, Lettuce etc)
- Identifying and defining requirements for a Watson application
- Deploying hybrid systems with on-premise and Bluemix components
- Providing best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the Bluemix platform
- Familiarity of the Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, AWS, MicroSoft & Google)
- Hadoop administration, set up , security and tuning
- Data ingestion
- Kafka, Flume, Spark
- SQL on Hadoop tools
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply