Full Stack Developer
Any UK base (although must be prepared to work away from home Mon-Fri at client sites)
UK Base locations: London, Birmingham (Aston), Manchester (Sale), Telford, Bristol, Glasgow, South Wales (Treforest), Rotherham and Woking.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working within the Public Sector Digital and DevOps Unit across a number of major Public Sector clients. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
The focus of your role
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity for a talented Developer to join our rapidly expanding team, working at the forefront of technology at various locations throughout the UK.
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in; someone who learns quickly; loves a challenge; who loves a job that’s never the same one day to the next. As a Developer, you’ll be tasked with a wide range of responsibilities. You’ll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you’ll do
• Collaborate with colleagues on unique challenges at scale.
• Build digital services that delight their users.
• Work on some of the most cutting edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today.
• Build APIs to integrate with back end systems and other services or micro-services.
• Implement test driven development.
• Implement continuous deployment, automating by default.
• Build systems that meet their non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, monitoring, feedback and audit.
• Continually learn, keep up to date with the industry and teach others.
• Show your passion for software engineering.
What you’ll bring
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve got some of the following experience:
• Excellent knowledge of Java or Scala and open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building highly scalable, resilient applications.
• Practical experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and CI/CD.
• Experience of working in agile teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment.
• Good awareness of DevOps.
• Contributions to the open source development community are very welcome: Blog posts, conference presentations, open source contributions.
What we’ll offer you
The chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It is all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.