Full Stack Developer
Any UK Base
Capgemini, along with its clients, creates and delivers digital solutions that fit their user needs, delivering innovation, competitiveness and high levels of user satisfaction. We specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Our vision is to help our customers achieve their digital transformation objectives by providing innovative digital integration, insight, expertise and solutions.
You will be working within the Public Sector Digital and DevOps Unit across a number of major Public Sector clients. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
The focus of your role
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity for a talented Developer to join our rapidly expanding team, working at the forefront of technology at various locations throughout the UK.
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in; someone who learns quickly; loves a challenge; who loves a job that’s never the same one day to the next. As a Developer, you’ll be tasked with a wide range of responsibilities. You’ll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you’ll do
• Collaborate with colleagues on unique challenges at scale.
• Build digital services that delight their users.
• Work on some of the most cutting edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today.
• Build APIs to integrate with back end systems and other services or micro-services.
• Implement test driven development.
• Implement continuous deployment, automating by default.
• Build systems that meet their non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, monitoring, feedback and audit.
• Continually learn, keep up to date with the industry and teach others.
• Show your passion for software engineering.
What you’ll bring
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve got some of the following experience:
• Excellent knowledge of Java or Scala and open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building highly scalable, resilient applications.
• Practical experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and CI/CD.
• Experience of working in agile teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment.
• Good awareness of DevOps.
• Contributions to the open source development community are very welcome: Blog posts, conference presentations, open source contributions.
What we’ll offer you
The chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It is all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.