Firewall Security Analyst
Who you’ll be working with
With incidents of cyber-crime frequently in the news, Capgemini’s clients are increasing conscious of the need to protect their systems and data. The successful applicant for this role will join our UK Security Operations Centre based in Inverness. As part of Capgemini’s Global Cybersecurity Unit, we deliver a range of services to a number of private and public sector clients, some of whom are bound by extremely complex security regulations. You will work as part of a multi-client team, with emphasis on firewall management but will have focus on specific client accounts at any given time.
The focus of your role
Cyber-attacks are often performed by exploiting known security vulnerabilities in a client’s physical or data infrastructure. As a Firewall Security Engineer / Consultant you will report work within the HSOC providing a service to multiple clients. Your duties will primarily comprise of providing consultancy and management to clients and account teams, this can include guidance, advice and direction on technical security issues. You will also be involved with investigations and solutions that could encompass multiple platforms such as Windows, UNIX, Linux and SQL.
What you’ll do
- Support the IT Security Operations team as a subject matter expert in network security and firewall configuration and management.
- Provide hands-on and proficient firewall management from project to on-boarding, testing and then into production, through change management, to fault finding and remediation.
- Be responsible for ensuring firewalls are correctly built before accepting handover, regular firewall reviews and compliance to PCI and other standards. Participate in an on-call Rota to support 24/7 monitoring and incident management.
- Work within an IT Security operational role, with an understanding various security domains such as Incident Response, Intrusion methods, Attack Monitoring, Networks, Threat and Vulnerability Management.
- Demonstrate an ability to spot and plan improvements across different Security estates.
- Review current IT Security Operations processes to ensure they are applicable and fit-for-purpose, and where needed liaise with other departments to improve knowledge and understanding
- Review and promote improvement across the service
- Update your knowledge by participating in training opportunities and research latest information security trends
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years’ experience working in Firewall Engineering role, preferably within an IT services role Business.
- Firewall rule-base and VPN construction and management including IPSEC and Lease line technologies. Cloud experience preferable but not essential.
- Advanced firewall configuration and management including; URL filtering, Anti-malware, Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Prevention, Routing protocols, Azure, Checkpoint Firewall very desirable but not essential.
- Knowledgeable about existing best practices for integration of security controls across multiple firewall technologies.
- Technical and Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows Server family of products.
- Communication and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with business functions and technical teams.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement processes.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.