Finance PMO Analyst
One of the top 5 IT services and consulting companies worldwide, Capgemini was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in Paris, France. Operating in 44 countries, we are, above all, a people company, with about 180,000 people across the globe. The Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.539 billion.
At Capgemini Financial Services, we are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry.
Main purpose of the role
To take full responsibility as a PMO analyst within medium to large programmes and projects, supporting the PM to ensure assurance rigour and discipline in order to improve the outcomes for our clients.
The initial assignment is focused on the finance side, looking at business cases, tracking of spend vs budget numbers etc, dashboards, communications etc. However, from a long-term perspective with Capgemini, you would have all-round PMO exposure.
- Accountable for the maintenance of control and assurance process for projects using either Capgemini or client based methodologies.
- Facilitation of workshops and other sessions to include risk management, issues management, dependency management, action management.
- Manages lessons learnt.
- Reporting of status, dependencies, risks, etc.
- Critical friend- supporting and challenging to the project manager.
- Works directly with the project managers to capture information and support scenario planning.
- Maintains an objective view of project / programme performance over time and so supports decision making.
- Produces trends / forecasts / shares key lessons / works with communication.
- Working with client and / or third party project managers.
- Accountable for the project / programme report pack.
- Manages the project / programme financial model.
- Support resource management activities and maintain project forecast, skills set and experience.
- As part of the programme assurance team, supports the maintenance of methodologies, tools and templates.
- Comfortable working with various PMO processes and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of completion.
- PMO experience within projects / programmes / portfolios greater than £1m
- Experience wider than just technology delivery
- Experience in various methodologies (Agile is essential, PRINCE2, MSP etc)
- Demonstrates compliance to delivery framework (e.g PRINCE2, PMP)
Should have been a member of at least 1 successful PMO team with full accountability in preferably one or more of the following spaces:
- Large organisational transformation
- Large systems integration / development / implementation
- Bespoke application design, build, run - according to a recognised software development lifecycle method (e.g. DSDM, RUP, Agile)
Have experience in dealing with multiple of the following PMO processes:
- Financial models including multi vendor and / or complex cost models
- RAID management
- Stakeholder management and mapping
- Benefits identification / tracking (involvement on business case development, and designing and running benefits management structures for ongoing tracking of benefits achieved)
- Change management
- Budget management (experience managing various engagement models, e.g. fixed price, fixed capacity, T&M, etc, particularly fixed price management)
- Resource management tracking
- Project planning and dependency tracking and management.
- Experience of Jira is a big plus
Experience in any of the following areas within the Financial Sector:
- Capital Markets,
- Payments & Cards,
- Wealth and Asset Management, and
- Risk Management
- Regulation & Compliance.
- Large scale Agile methods including Scrum
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.