EUC Solution Architect
Any UK Base, with Travel
Who you’ll be working with
The EUC (“End User Computing”) team are responsible for a portfolio of interrelated service offerings focused on delivering a centralised, flexible workplace and responsive, adaptive support for a superior user experience. Simply put, it transforms traditional IT into an outstanding business experience. The team focus on optimising the two critical areas that directly impact the user’s experience: the workplace, which includes the devices, applications, and data people use in their day-to-day jobs; and the support services provided by IT, including the service desk and on-site/desk-side support.
Capgemini has created two broad categories of service offerings to address these areas: My Workspace, which provides a single portal through which individual users can access any IT service, from any device, at any time, from anywhere; and My Support, a series of offerings that bring a new level of choice and flexibility to user-centric support. Each of the offerings can be implemented separately, but each complements and adds value to the other offerings.
The focus of your role
The Solution Architect role, within the End User Computing (EUC) group is focused on working with the pre-sales teams to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address client requirements and are appropriately supported by delivery capabilities.
What you’ll do
• Create Solution Designs with the optimized commercial alignment, whilst also mapping client requirements to Capgemini service offerings and capabilities.
• The vision for the Business Unit is to be the Best-in-Class End User Computing Services provider that creates Business Value for our customers, a great personalized service experience for end users and build a work culture of innovation & collaboration to harness the potential of our employees and partners.
• A deep knowledge of broad set of EUC services (Primarily focused on Workplace services, both legacy and digital), relevant support processes and methodologies, experience of creating solutions for large scale service delivery and transition projects and excellent communication skills are critical for the role.
What you’ll bring
The successful candidate will have a range of skills and experience and is likely to include some of the following:
• Experience working with Sales teams and participation in pre-sales activities that includes solution development and presentations to clients (through all levels of the business).
• Ability to create Solution Design & define strategies, develop effort estimation, define delivery model and transition plans
• Provision of end to end deliverables to Sales/Customers including – Solution presentations, written solution proposals, customer pricing tables, RFI/RFP responses.
• Strong domain knowledge of End User Computing with a strong bias on Workplace services.
• Passionate about technology and innovation, using it to deliver business value, within each solution
• Experience of leading the EUC bids for large enterprise customers:
• A passion for developing compelling EUC offers
• Experience of handling CXO level discussions and positioning solutions
• Experience in engaging in relationships with key vendors i.e. Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, AppSense and Lakeside
• Good level of knowledge of key EUC technologies:
• Desktop and Application virtualisation
• Enterprise Mobility
• Office 365 and Windows 10
• Collaboration, messaging and unified communications
• User personalization and EUC Analytics
• Can act as a trusted advisor to customers and build empathy at all levels from CIO down
• EUC Solution Architects are expected to be mobile, and this equates to 2-3 days a week on average, and may involve stays away from home or on occasion global travel.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.