Enterprise Solution Architect
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the premier technology consulting organisations in the UK. Within the Packaged Software division, which covers the traditional enterprise giants including SAP and Oracle; we regularly push the boundaries of what enterprise technology can do to underpin some of the most complex and interesting digital business transformation programmes underway at the moment.
The focus of your role
Cloud technologies and platforms are driving a significant change in the market both from a customer and from a consultancy perspective. These changes provide a significant opportunity for Capgemini UK to engage with our clients to help them take advantage of these new technologies to create more agile and cost effective platforms to underpin their enterprise applications.
This Cloud focus requires we have architects who are able to understand the business drivers for the migration to the cloud as well as the practical considerations for implementation. Reporting to the Head of Architecture for the Packaged Software division, you will be responsible for helping shape and drive our Cloud go-to-market strategy and the projects that arise from it.
What you’ll do
• Deliver the IT Business Case and engage with C-Level Executives to convince them of the business merits of a migration to the Cloud;
• Defining and shaping technical roadmaps to support the migration to the cloud – including analysis of existing landscapes to determine migration feasibility.
• Play a key part in Capgemini’s business development activities with respect to the Cloud go-to-market.
• Lead technical delivery of enterprise cloud migration programmes – Programme Technical Architect role rather than Engagement Manager. This role assumes the candidate will be supporting multiple projects in parallel.
• Primary responsibility for role focusses on supporting the SAP technical team with migrations of SAP Applications to Public and Private Cloud platforms (including AWS, Azure, Virtustream, HEC, Capgemini offerings and other major cloud vendors). In addition, the candidate needs to support the cloud agenda for the wider packages solution footprint inc. Oracle, JDA, Maximo etc.
What you’ll bring
Deep understanding of how applications of all types are migrated to and run on Public and Private Cloud platforms. This includes understanding of best practices for identifying migration candidates, automation of technical activities in support of migration, deployment and run.
• Deep understanding of the commercial considerations for migration to the Cloud – including development of business cases, project cost estimates and understanding of commercial and contractual constructs that underpin the solutions.
• Understanding and demonstrable experience of leading and supporting all phases of the sales process – from pre-sales through to the handover to a delivery team following a win.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.