Digital Software Architect
Telford / Worthing / Shipley
Who you’ll be working with
Digital software architect required to join a rapidly expanding Digital Delivery Centre.
The focus of your role
We need a software architect to design microservice-based digital services on a national scale. We use modern approaches to work with our government client to iteratively deliver web-based UIs and ReST based APIs to the nation.
What you’ll do
• Focusses on user research to understand our users and their needs
• Makes extensive use of modern open-source technologies and approaches to develop prototypes and iteratively deliver new services to customers
• Makes use of a heroku-like continuous delivery mechanism to enable multiple deliveries per day
• Is rapidly developing its devops capability
What you’ll bring
• Experience developing public facing web-based UI and APIs
• Proven knowledge on how to integrate digital services into an enterprise estate
• Know how to prioritise, mitigate risk and deliver business value in a SCRUM environment
• Understand community-driven development techniques and philosophy
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.