Digital QA Analyst
Various locations across the UK
At Capgemini we’re passionate about three things: People, Technology and Innovation
Capgemini, along with its clients, creates and delivers digital solutions that fit their user needs, delivering innovation, competitiveness and high levels of user satisfaction. We specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Our vision is to help our customers achieve their digital transformation objectives by providing innovative digital integration, insight, expertise and solutions.
Main Purpose Of Role
The focus of your role
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity for a talented technical QA Analyst to join our rapidly expanding team, working at the forefront of technology at various locations throughout the UK. As part of an agile development team you’ll be involved in supporting our vision to help our customers achieve their digital transformation objectives by providing innovative digital integration, insight, expertise and solutions.
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in; someone who learns quickly; loves a challenge; who loves a job that’s never the same one day to the next. As a QA Analyst, you’ll be tasked with a wide range of responsibilities. You’ll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you’ll do
• Work as the QA specialist to guide and support your agile team through their joint responsibility of assuring the quality of the product, developing user stories and acceptance criteria
• Produce test cases, run tests, collect and record results, and retest as appropriate and necessary
• Implement test driven development (TDD)
• Apply behaviour driven development (BDD) to trace to acceptance criteria
• Automate everything whether it be functional/non-functional testing, for example acceptance and inter-system integration testing, or vulnerability and penetration testing
• Integrate your automated tests into the continuous delivery tool-chain and teams’ processes and workflows
• Ensure tests and data are version controlled in a highly parallel agile delivery environment
• Work with other testers to develop new approaches
Skills and Experience
What you’ll bring
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve got some of the following:
• Experience of working in an agile environment
• A working knowledge and practical experience of an automation framework e.g. Selenium
• Experience of testing for multiple devices (e.g. mobile, tablet, desktop) and multiple channels (e.g. web, APIs)
• Knowledge of different types of databases (such as Oracle as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra)
• Experience of working in a continuous delivery environment using appropriate tools e.g. Jenkins
• Practical application of XP techniques such as pair programming and working in a TDD environment
• An understanding of BDD and appropriate tools e.g. Cucumber and Gherkin
• Experience of distributed version control systems e.g. GIT
• Key test skills e.g. Boundary Value Analysis, Defect Management
• A demonstrable ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
• A knowledge of programming e.g. Java, SCALA, SBT, Node JS, HTML, CSS would be an advantage
What we’ll offer you
• The chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation of some of the world’s largest brands in the Private Sector and across UK Government
• Investment in technical training, enabling accelerated career progression
• The opportunity to work alongside and learn from team members from different specialisms
• An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit
• One of the best cultures you can find, as collaborative as it is forward thinking
• Attractive and flexible benefits packages, tailored to suit your individual needs
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.