Digital Consulting Lead: Public Sector
About FAST Digital
Launched in 2016, FAST Digital is a key evolution in Capgemini’s digital business, offering clients a ‘business creative’ digital service, putting clients’ customer/consumer/client or citizen at the heart of their business, enabled by digital at pace. This tailored approach can transform our clients business and deliver the business change and technology to make that change possible. We have pioneered with global fashion clients, global furniture retailers, global consumer goods companies; we have created new banks and transformed government services. We want to make this available for all our clients across our business. FAST Digital is responsible for:
• Creating and developing Capgemini’s UK digital vision.
• Communicating and embedding that vision across the UK business.
• Creating offers, innovation, accelerators, partnerships and ways of working for our 4 key sectors – Private, Public, Financial Services and Consumer Products/Retail and Distribution.
• Shaping and selling thought leading digital programmes to existing and target clients in the respective sector.
• Achieving growth through inspiring and upskilling our current resources as well as attracting great new talent.
• Delivering early initiation, strategy and requirement phases for key clients.
Main Purpose of Role
The FAST Digital team is the catalyst for digital growth in Capgemini UK and contains a core team of market makers and digital experts to direct and achieve that growth. It works closely with the sectors to generate and manage demand and works closely with the delivery units to shape the solutions and deliver transformation programmes in digital strategy, engagement, insight, branch transformation, B2B sales, Digital Employee, Digital Asset Management, efulfilment and digital platforms. This Principal level role within FAST Digital is the Consulting Digital Lead for the Public sector which includes Central and Local Government. It is currently a £200m+ business across consulting and technology. The incumbent will work closely with the other leads to shape and grow the digital business across consulting and technology.
Vision and strategy
• Work with the sector leadership and FAST team to evolve the digital vision and strategy for the public sector.
• Articulate and communicate that vision and roadmap within the sector, as well as the market.
• Speak at events and publish or direct publication of points of view in the press.
Offer development and Innovation
• Work with the Head of Sales and Sub-Sector Heads and Public sector Digital Technology Lead to enhance or create offers that are relevant and sustainable for the sector.
• Prioritise those offers to 3 per sub-sector to give focus.
• Direct and deliver the innovation and enhancement of the offers with new capability, new partners and new ways of delivering them.
• Embed the offers in our new Applied Innovation Exchange (environment to inspire our clients).
• Generate client case studies, demonstrations, references and material to support sales and marketing campaigns.
• Understand the trends, challenges and opportunities facing the clients in your market.
• Create and deliver the market sales plan over 2 years. This includes market making as well as achieving in year targets.
• Meet senior clients proactively or reactively.
• Develop strong stakeholder relationships and direct others in Capgemini to build those relationships in key clients/opportunities.
• Shape a sales campaign and the right proposition for the right opportunities.
• Ensure the alignment of Delivery Unit capability to deliver sales success.
• Working with other business units to ensure that Capgemini’s Digital offers, services and capabilities are represented on relevant Government Frameworks e.g. Digital Outcomes and Specialists and can be bought by public sector clients.
• Working with the account leads to win the opportunity (they lead the commercials and sign off procedures).
• Deliver a pipeline of 2.5 to 3 times budget (Unweighted Sales).
• Deliver a pipeline of 1.5 to 2 times budget (Weighted Revenue).
Build Capability and Ensure Enablement
• Analyse and forecast the capabilities, capacity and locations needed to support delivery of Digital engagements.
• Be familiar with the best of breed technologies, products and methods to support Digital Service design and customer service transformation in the Public sector.
• Strong delivery skills in agile based digital delivery spanning strategy to operations.
• Grow the right resources in consulting and technology to meet the future demand in the Public sector.
• Deliver training and awareness sessions to the sales and delivery teams.
Skills and Experience
• Gravitas and very strong client consulting skills; the ability to excite and inspire.
• Compelling in “digital style” and able to use new techniques to present, pitch and respond to RF(x)’s.
• Comfort and respect with senior clients.
• Credible commercial sales experience and strong commercial acumen.
• Strong technology domain experience:
• Digital leadership experience; significant experience of consulting/relevant industry.
• Clear understanding of the changes in the market, the impact on customers and the opportunity that this presents for at least one Public Sector industry and one other (excluding Financial Services).
• Highly entrepreneurial and able to engage and contract with relevant multiple 3rd parties:
• Established software and venture relationships with deep understanding of technology and changes in technology.
• Deep understanding of government operations, capabilities, operating model and the challenges to drive change.
• A team player where you understand your strengths and weaknesses and what you can contribute to the team as well as what they could do to support you.
• Advanced project and programme management capability.
• Agile at scale delivery experience.
• Bi-modal/ Multi-speed IT strategy, operating model and transformation experience
• Ability to identify the right skills required, experience on recruitment and management of digital workforce.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.