Dev Ops Platform Engineer
Any UK Base
Who will you'll be working with
Capgemini, along with its clients, creates and delivers digital solutions that fit their user needs, delivering innovation, competitiveness and high levels of user satisfaction. We specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Our vision is to help our customers achieve their digital transformation objectives by providing innovative digital integration, insight, expertise and solutions.
You will be working within the Public Sector Digital and DevOps Unit across a number of major Public Sector clients. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. You will get to work with a set of diverse technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
Main Purpose Of Role
The focus of your role
You will have a good understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services we are delivering; focusing on simplicity, decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment. You will have a good understanding of cross discipline and matrix teams, an appreciation of where the industry is heading and be incredibly collaborative. You will leverage the depth of your knowledge and experience within the team and help shape our clients’ organization, culture and technology in the right direction.
What you'll bring
This will be an opportunity for you to be involved in some of the following:
• Actively creating Dev Ops ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams.
• Undertaking system provisioning & automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening.
• Being responsible for the health and upkeep of critical services.
• Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle.
Skills and Experience
What you'll bring
We would like you to have the following experience:
• Strong Linux and troubleshooting skills, scripting and automation.
• Experience of working with AWS in production environments.
• Strong AWS API/CLI and experience of working with either Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
• Some experience working with Docker/Kubernetes/Docker swarm.
• Reasonable fluency in at least one programming language e.g.: Ruby, Go.
• Experience of at least one configuration management tool e.g.: Puppet, Ansible, Chef.
• Demonstrable experience of infrastructure as code.
• Experience of creating/working with Code Pipelines e.g.: Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, drone, GoCD.
Ideally you will have experience of some or all of the following:
• Any additional knowledge/experience with Serverspec, Vault, Consul, Packer, Rancher.
• Good understanding of networking.
• Experience of implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools like Splunk/ELK.
And as a person you will have:
• Knowledge of metrics and protective monitoring.
• A good understanding of using robust Software Engineering best practices/methodologies.
• An understanding of cloud concepts and how to automate the build over specific API's within the cloud.
• Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
• An appetite to learn and an understanding of new technologies.
• Be a team player, have good relationship building skills, with experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and ideally with clients and other suppliers.
What we'll offer you
The chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It is all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.