You may have any of our UK offices as a base location. Fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Who you'll be working with
The Big Data Analytics team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors.
Enterprise Data Science is driving our growth; we have a fantastic, sizeable team already but that isn’t enough to keep up with the demand we are facing. Our Data Scientists come from all sorts of backgrounds, but all share the same characteristics; they have a passion for data science, expertise in advanced maths and statistics, great software engineering skills and top notch comms...does this sound like you? Then click the link below and apply now.
The focus of your role
In Capgemini we consider Data Science to be much more than Machine Learning. This is at the core of our capabilities, but we go further to include the power of a much broader range of analytical techniques and data approaches (for example graph, NoSQL, and Lucene). We also work closely with business analysts to ensure the insights we discover are true business insights that can be acted upon.
Capgemini offer successful candidates the opportunity to work on truly enterprise data science which brings the best of commercial and open source technologies together for a transformational effect. We are constantly evolving to exploit emerging technologies and techniques, and pride ourselves on our technology flexibility.
What you'll do
If you have ‘been there and done it’, if you’ve designed and implemented Enterprise Data Science solutions then we would really like to explore possibilities with you.
- You will be involved in the full life cycle of designing and delivering truly ground breaking programmes, using a wide range of Open Source and COTS products.
- Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client’s data transformation roadmap (where does Data Science fit in).
- Alternatively, rolling your sleeves up and creating innovative solution for a complex problem.
- We very much try to encourage a ‘leave your grade at the door’ mentality so everyone feels comfortable contributing to our innovation. We also have a great sense of community, we encourage sharing of ideas, we sponsor meet ups for your peers and have a large calendar of social events throughout the year.
What you'll bring
(will be dependent upon the grade, but if you can demonstrate some or all of these characteristics then we’d really like to talk to you)
- Detailed knowledge on a range of analytical techniques (e.g. Supervised and Un-supervised machine learning techniques, graph data based analytics, statistical analysis, time series, geospatial, NLP, sentiment analysis, pattern detection to name a few)
- Experience using your Python, R or Spark for data science skills
- Knowledge of SQL for accessing and processing data (PostgreSQL preferred but general SQL knowledge more important)
- Software engineering practices (appreciate the importance of good coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control using git, code review…)
- Database systems from which data science tasks might draw data (Hadoop,PostgreSQL, SQL, NoSQL, Graph, Lucene, Streaming)
- Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
- Use of Virtual Machines and Containers (Vagrant, Virtualbox, Docker)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non technical language.
- Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply