C#.Net Developer, Investment Banking
Capgemini Financial Services is looking for several experienced C# .Net developers to join our Application, Development & Maintenance (ADM) practice, initially working on a front-office project with a key investment banking client.
.Net developer roles with us will typically be to work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients within (or associated with) a consulting or delivery engagement.
A typical role would be to create solutions by developing, implementing and maintaining .Net based components and interfaces.
- Define objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Develop comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets.
- Candidates with good understanding of application, information, and integration implementation
- Strong recent experience in the following areas:
- C# .Net (v4 or later preferred)
- ASP.Net MVC
- UI development experience in WPF
- RDBMS (PL/SQL, Oracle DB, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server)
- Design Patterns
- Design Approaches and principles (DDD, SOLID, GRASP)
- Mobile applications and frameworks (e.g. Kony)
- Others (XML, UML, Perl Scripting, Unix)
- A demonstrable C# .Net develoment background is essential as a significant proportion of the projects will be focused around the delivery of enterprise solutions
- Agile development practices are essential (CI, TDD, BDD, etc)
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Development skills are essential
- UML skills are essential
- Ability to create Behaviour Driven Design test specifications
- Ability to design/develop sensible, simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and when to apply them
- Strong Capital Markets domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Equity swaps/derivatives
- Risk & valuations
- Securities (Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives etc)
- Commercial awareness, including ability to recognise commercial and technical risk
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to deliver innovative, but realistic solutions to complex client problems
- Proficient at communicating complex technical issues to both business and technical audiences
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience of technologies such as BPEL, Rules Engine etc
- Experience of application server administration, clustering, deployment, Continuous Integration etc
- Experience of any UI toolkits like Google UI Kit or Yahoo UI library
- Significant consulting experience within major consultancy or SI organisation
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com/.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.