Business Analyst, Wealth Management - Glasgow
A business analyst, working closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients, as a member of the business analyst team typically within or associated with a consulting or delivery engagement within the capital markets and/or wealth management space. A typical role would be to work as a facilitator between business and information technology team on delivery of business solutions.
Some typical responsibilities of a role with us would include:
- To be a requirement engineering expert (as BA) in one or more areas within the capital markets and wealth management domain e.g. reference/master/third party data applications, derivatives back office platforms, securities etc
- To create the requirement artifacts e.g. functional specification document, use cases, requirement traceability matrix, business test cases and process mapping documents, user stories for agile projects.
- To perform customer/business facing roles at end user locations (India/UK). Conduct requirement workshops, SME interviewing for requirement engineering and prioritisation.
- To apply current regulations and initiatives such as EMIR/Dodd Frank/MiFID II and have familiarity with concepts of trade repositories, LEI and CCP clearing
- To communicate the impact of emerging technologies to clients and advise upon the potential introduction of such technology
- To undertake feasibility studies for major IT developments incorporating costs and benefits, and present proposals to clients
- Good capital markets or wealth management domain experience including OTC derivatives trade life-cycle, pricing and valuation, CCP framework, DMP etc. Hands on IT experience on systems supporting IRS, CDS, equity swaps, FX. Knowledge of investment/portfolio strategies such as liability driven investing, emerging market neutral, 130/30 etc.
- Ability to work with end users in global locations to define business requirements using techniques such as user stories / use cases.
- Good financial services business analysis experience (finance / risk / regulatory) with knowledge of regulatory rules and produce base level specification.
- Handling generation of requirements, functional specifications, test cases and then guide the team in running the test cases.
- Strong abilities to describe requirements and functions to developers.
- Working in an agile delivery environment.
- Abilities to engage with upstream teams that provide data.
- Demonstrable experience in areas like collateral management transaction lifecycle, risk management & compliance (Basel II, III, MiFID II…etc),
- Agile practices and UML skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to deliver innovative, but realistic solutions to complex client problems
- Functional design and database modelling for risk management systems and applications
- Strong SQL. Ability to drill into databases to check results of testing and also during data analysis.
- Ability to understand logical and physical data models and to work with data architects to update the model.
- Utilising modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect for BPMN / UML modelling.
- Production of business models using BPMN and / or UML methodologies.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.