AWS Big Data Analytics Architect
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Who you'll be working with
The Big Data Analytics team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. We continue to grow and need to add to our talented team. We very much try to encourage a ‘leave your grade at the door’ mentality so everyone feels comfortable contributing to our innovation. We also have a great sense of community, we encourage sharing of ideas, we sponsor meet ups for your peers and have a large calendar of social events throughout the year.
If you are keen on working on some truly cutting edge programmes, learning new technologies and techniques and joining a team with like minded big data architects, engineers and analysts, then click the link below and apply now.
The focus of your role
We are looking to bring in a wide range of experience and expertise across grades. If you join us, you would be involved with the full life cycle of designing and delivering cloud infrastructures to support modern analytical data solutions, primarily utilising AWS but also opportunities to work with the wider product set. Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client’s data transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating some innovative solution for a complex problem.
What you'll do
- You will work within a Big Data engineering team or an analytics function to ;
- Evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS as part of Big Data or analytics solutions.
- Provide best practices guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications, projects, or the enterprise within Big Data architectural landscapes.
- Work alongside the engineering teams and align with all aspects of day to day delivery in an Agile or DevOps environment.
- You will work with clients to identify Big Data and Analytics Cloud strategies, options and roadmaps.
- Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working mentor junior and share knowledge
What you'll bring
This will be dependent upon the grade, but if you can demonstrate some or all of these characteristics then we’d really like to talk to you -
- Experience of a software engineering/development background (in Java or C# or other COTS Products).
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Ingress and egress of data to and from AWS utilising the available Big Data components
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices
- Estimating AWS costs and identifying cost control mechanisms
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
Any Experience of:
- Experience of DevOps type operations – use of source control (GitHub, Stash), Build tools (Puppet, Jenkins, etc), continuous integration, test driven development (i.e. Cucumber, Lettuce etc)
- Experience of other Cloud Infrastructure providers, Big Data provisioning, usage and set up
- Identifying and defining requirements for an AWS-based application
- Deploying hybrid systems with on-premise and AWS components
- Providing best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- Familiarity of the Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, AWS, MicroSoft & Google)
- Hadoop administration, set up , security and tuning
- Data ingestion
- Kafka, Flume, Spark
- SQL on Hadoop tools
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply