The Retail Systems Awards are about to celebrate their 10th anniversary, and, as part of this, they are encouraging everyone to vote for “The Retail Systems Defining Moment Award" for the most important retail technology development from the last 10 years.
The full list is here:
- 2005: Twitter launches
- 2007: Apple unveils the iPhone
- 2007: TJ Maxx data breach
- 2008: Alibaba introduces Tmall.com
- 2008: RIP Woolworths
- 2012: Facebook passes monthly active users mark of 1bn
- 2013: Rise of the discounters
- 2014: Annual UK online spending exceeds £100bn for first time, according to the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index
- 2015: Mobile accounts for 40% of all UK online retail sales, according to the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index
- 2015: Amazon and Google launch first physical retail stores
Voting is open until 17 June. We encourage you to find out more and vote via the link.