Mobile and electronic payments are quickly gaining ground among both developed and emerging markets. Among developed countries, a well-established banking structure, high computer literacy and internet penetration combine to support e-payments growth. In emerging countries, the proliferation of mobile devices means m-payments are being adopted as an alternative to traditional banking services.
The volume of payment transactions is growing more rapidly, with annual global growth projected to top 10% for the first time found the World Payments Report 2016 from Capgemini and BNP Paribas.This was mainly driven by strong economic growth in key countries, improved security measures like EMV and biometrics. and government initiatives to encourage electronic payments in developing markets. Adoption of mobile and contact less technology continues to play a significant role in propelling this growth globally.
Capgemini can help your bank plan and execute the right strategy to take advantage of e- and m-payment trends. By combining consulting and technology experience with our domain expertise in payments and telecommunications, Capgemini can bring together the skills you need to chart a path forward.
Our solutions include:
- Consulting for mobile and telecommunications. Explore how Capgemini performed a business feasibility assessment and study of a regional mobile banking solution for a leading European bank and mobile operator
- Mobile strategy definition
- Business case design
- Platform selection
- Implementation and roll-out. Learn how we rolled out a mobile payments reporting application in less than nine weeks
Expertise where it counts
Capgemini has supported multiple initiatives including:
- Mobile payments potential for a consortium of three banks and MNO
- Operating model design for a mobile money operator
- Strategy and design of a national wallet for the national banking consortium
- Secure cloud for an industry utility