Maximise the productivity of your whole workforce while ensuring that staff affected by disability know they are a valued part of the organisation.
Capgemini's Assistive Technology specialists can provide everything from strategy consulting to a managed service, depending on your needs.
On this page you will find the following sections:
Why consider Assistive Technology?
Is your organisation equipped to comply with the UK Equality Act 2010 (which supersedes the Disability Discrimination Act)? Can people make the fullest possible contribution to your business irrespective of disability? If you can't confidently answer "yes" to both questions, it's worth taking another look at the Assistive Technology available today.
It's been estimated that, of the people in work in the UK who are affected by disabilities, around 24% are in management or professional occupations, and around 2% of the working age population becomes affected each year. You can't afford to lose the knowledge of experienced employees – and you don't need to. The right Assistive Technology can ensure all your staff continue to make the fullest contribution.
The benefits are wider than you might expect, too. Estimates suggest that 62% of all workers would benefit from disability-related software access features.
How we can help
- Advise on accessibility strategy to ensure all staff make the fullest contribution.
- Help introduce mechanisms to ensure accessibility is considered early in the selection process for IT systems.
- Work with the internal IT team to ensure the required standards and tool kits are adopted and embedded into their processes.
- Test IT systems and other technology to ensure that they are accessible and comply with standards such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Where necessary, show you how to enhance the technology or change the methods of interacting with it.
- Provide guidance as to the options available, from text telephones and accessible keyboards, to large print, Braille and speech recognition software.
- Work with you to make external-facing websites accessible, opening up your services to a wider audience.
Capgemini and Assistive Technology
A member of the Business Disability Forum, we are committed to employing people affected by disability. We have achieved the Positive About Disabled People Two Ticks accreditation for several consecutive years. This has been possible due to our commitment to our employees, who are all supported by our in-house Assistive Technology team. We have also tied up with the Business Disability Forum to sponsor industry-leading publications on disability and have licensed their line manager guides for use in Capgemini. Click here to know why.
Our Assistive Technology team is adept at making accessibility part of the requirements definition for the design of new systems. This approach helps clients to achieve continuous improvement in the staff and customer user experience. Capgemini now also offer the Assistive Technology service on the Government Cloud platform G-Cloud5. You can find us on G-Cloud - additional information on our Cloud service can be found here